Summer Research Internships at PwY
We are opening two placements for Summer Research Internships to be undertaken as part to now running research projects. The projects are about contemporary challenges in urban governance and are coordinated at the Department for Environment, Development and Sustainability Studies of Södertörn University. The internship runs for about 11 weeks and is grounded in these broader topics:
Topic A: Inventory and current use of decision support tools for participatory spatial planning and urban governance in the Nordics.
Topic B: Locating and advocating for intergenerational justice in spatial planning and urban governance.
Topic C: Youth led and youth centred activism on the streets and in the courtrooms.
Topic D: Social and environmental justice in disadvantaged urban areas in Sweden
During the internship period the intern will be working within one of these topics on hands-on tasks (e.g. searching information, developing databases, writing reports, contacting and engaging with stakeholders) in close collaboration with the project team.
- Time commitment is flexible with n workload of about 10 to 20 hours per week.
- The internship is supported by a mentoring program.
- The Payment is 125 SEK per hour.
- Duration is from mid-June to August 2022 (exact dates to be agreed).
- Most of the work can be carried out remotely, but some of the work might require office presence.
- During the internship period it is possible to take time off for vacation as per agreement.
- Pursuing a M.Sc. degree, or be close to completing, or have recently completed.
- Be resident in Sweden.
- Have a genuine interest for the governance of urban areas and urban activism.
- General understanding of scientific research.
- Interest for research at the intersection of environmental governance, spatial planning and social movements/ env activism.
- Able to communicate and write text at an advanced level in English and Swedish.
Application: Deadline 26 May 2022 | Contact & more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit i) your CV, ii) a motivation letter outlining why you are interested in the position and which topic above you would like to apply for. If you have examples of writing you have done, or other material you prepared (webpages, blog posts, newsletters, databases, etc.) you may supply that as part of the application. The application should be posted by Email to email@example.com.
Project YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsHlGTxxPzi98A1yeDJR37g